Last week, we explored Max Go, there is a direct competitor to the logistics and ride-hailing company called Gokada.
I see more Gokada bikes on the road especially around the Yaba axis and it looks like the head of brains at Gokada are not here to joke.
Unlike Max Go, Gokada is purely a motorbike hailing service operating in Lagos. Their mission is to revolutionize the way Lagosians move making it possible to move safely without worries of traffic or exorbitant prices.
Definitely, there is a clear difference between this motorbike hailing service from a regular commercial bike (okada). All important safety measures are considered and this can also be called an Uber for motorbikes.
Requesting a Gokada ride is easy – here’s how Gokada works
– Simply open the app, enter your pick up location and tap request ride
– Your verified Gokada driver will call you to confirm your request and destination.
– Your driver arrives in minutes, gives you your hair net and helmet and you hop on the bike
– Your driver gets you to your destinations safely and ends the trip
– Pay cash and rate your driver to help us improve the Gokada experience.
If you read our conversation about Max Go, Gokada also confirms that they employ the regular bike men (okada riders), train them and help create a sustainable income flow.
If you ask me if this is laudable, yes it is. This is Nigerians localizing our solutions and solving real problems. They are right with their campaign hashtag #DoMoreWithGokada, because, for a city like Lagos, you are likely to spend a whooping amount of time sitting in traffic.